All payout requests will be processed as per below schedule:
|Mode of request
|BOX (Back Office)
|Mon – Sat*
|TradeSmart Mobile/ Desktop/ Web Application
|Mon – Sat*
*Payout will not be processed on 2nd and 4th Saturday as we do not work on these days.
Processing of payout when a stock is sold, derivative position is closed or intraday profit is made
When you sell the delivery of stocks, the amount shall be credited to your trading account on T+2 days (T=Trade Day). After the amount is credited, you can request for payout. Intraday profits also will be available for withdrawal on or after T+2 days.
Ex: If a stock is sold on Monday, the amount shall get credited to your trading account on Wednesday based on T+2 settlement cycle. You may place the payout request on or after Wednesday 3:30 PM.
If you have closed any derivatives position, the trade shall get settled on T+1 day. After the settlement is done you can place the payout request. Intraday profits too will be available for withdrawal on or after T+1 settlement cycle.
Ex: If the derivative position is closed on Monday then you can withdraw the proceeds (margin+MTM) on or after Tuesday 3:30 PM.
Time taken for funds to reach in your bank account
- Equity and Commodity payout: If you request payout from an equity/commodity account and if you have linked ICICI bank with us, the funds will be credited to your bank account within the next 3 to 4 hours from the time of processing payouts from our end.
- In case if your account is with any other bank then we process your payment through NEFT which would be processed by the bank and the amount would be credited to your bank account as per RBI settlement timings.
- Payout requests placed over the phone or email will not be accepted.
- Funds will get credited to your bank account as RBI timing.
Reasons for which payout processing could get delayed
- In any case if the bank does not release your funds then you would get delayed credit to your bank account.
- In case there is any clearing holiday, your payout request will be processed on the next working day after the clearing holiday.
Reasons for payout rejections & partial payments
In case you requested for a payout but your request was only partially processed/rejected, below could be some of the reasons for the same.
- When you sell stocks in the cash segment, the funds for the same are received from the Exchange on a T+1 (One day later) basis. Hence, the payout request for those funds can be placed only after they have been received from the exchange.
- In case of FNO/Currency/Commodities, funds are received on T+1. Hence, the payout request for those funds can be placed only after they have been received from the exchange.
- Fund transferred by instant payin(Through Atom) from any trading terminal, on any day will not be eligible for placing payout on the same day. You are required to place a payout after T+2 days (T=Working day of bank and stock exchange).
- Fund transferred to your trading account by UPI, on any day will not be eligible for placing payout on the same day. You are required to place a payout after T+1 days (T=Working day of bank and stock exchange).
- If there is a margin shortage in FNO/Currency/Commodities positions (eg. due to any MTM loss) payout request might not get processed completely.
- Short selling of stocks: When you short sell any stock intraday and fail to buy back it on the same day then the shortage amount is blocked in your available balance. Ex: If you sell XYZ stock of value Rs.10000 intraday, and as there are no sellers you cannot buy back the shares. This leads to short sale of securities. This Rs.10000 will be blocked in your trading account.
- Short delivery from exchange: When you buy shares on Monday, you will receive these shares on Wednesday from the exchange. When you sell the same shares on Tuesday, you need to give back on Thursday to exchange. In case if you do not receive shares on Wednesday, you will not be able to give them back on Thursday. This is considered as Short Delivery of shares. In such cases the total value of stocks sold will be blocked by the exchange.