1. Ramamurthy Seetharaman

    I am having two company shares WeP Peripherals Ltd. and WeP Solutios India Ltd. Now Wep Peripherals Ltd. name has been changed into RNAWEP INVENTMENTS PRIVATE LIMITED. and Wep Solutions India Ltd. has been changed into WeP Peripherals Limited. How to change these in my ICICI Direct demat account.

  2. Antonio Munia

    To transfer to shares to another DP, the entire booklet need to be sent or we have to tear the number of pages of DIS slip to send ? Also the charges for transfer will be debited from the trading account or need to send separate cheque. How will we know the exact amount of charges for this transfer to other DP as without knowing the charges the shares will not be transferred ?

    1. TradeSmart

      Hello Antonio,
      To transfer shares to another DP, you need to provide one blank signed DIS along with the DIS Annexure (Download Annexure for DIS Slip) in which you need to mention all the scrip names to be transferred. You do not require to give DIS booklet.
      The charges will be taken from your trading account if there is a balance. If you do not have the balance then you can transfer the funds. You may also give cheque but the share transfer will happen only after clearing the cheque.
      There will be Rs.25 per scrip + GST charge will be applicable. Ex: If you want to transfer 10 shares then you would require to pay Rs.250+GST.

    1. TradeSmart

      Hello Ritu,
      The Delivery Instruction Slips (DIS) is required for share transfer from one account to another. Please write us at [email protected] along with your client details so that we can check and assist you accordingly.


    What are charges if if i want to transfer dmat holdings from vns to othe broker via dis? And where should i send filled dis?

    1. TradeSmart

      Hello Sachin,
      There are share transfer charges of Rs.25+GST per scrip/per day through Delivery Instructions Slips (DIS). Can you please let us know whether you are facing any issue? It would be great if you could share us the reason for share transfer. This will help us to improve our service further. Kindly email us at [email protected] along with your client details. We shall check the your account details and update you.

  4. Prakash


    I have shares in IIFL and want to Transfer to my Wife’s Zerodha account

    1. Which CMR copy I need to attach ? my Demat a/c or my wife’s Demat A/C ?

    2. Is it mandatory to attach CMR copy or Holding statement ?

    3. Transfering of shares as Gift will impose any TAX ? long term or short term gain tax ?

    Kindly advice .


    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Prakash,
      1) You need to attach the client master copy of your wifes’s account and submit to the broker in which you have an account.
      2) CMR copy is required to know where to transfer the shares. Usually DIS (Delivery Instructions Slip) is attached with the CMR copy which specifies which all stocks need be transferred (as mentioned above). Holding statement is usually attached to transfer the more no. of shares while closing the account. Kindly check with your broker about their requirement.
      3) The tax implication depend on the value of the shares. Kindly contact your CA for more information.

  5. Sandeep E

    I have a account with Axis Direct with DIS slip and want to transfer all the shares to SBI securities account i want to know whether this transfer comes under Transfer of shares from CDSL to CDSL (or)
    Transfer of shares from CDSL to NSDL and want to know any charges associated with this transfer.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Sandeep,
      You have posted on TradeSmart site. Kindly check with SBI securities whether they have their depository account with CDSL or NSDL. There shall be charges to transfer shares from one demat to another demat. Request you to confirm the same with your broker.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Ramdas,
      Currently, you cannot transfer shares online. You’re required to courier us the DIS copies and client master copy of other demat account in which you wish to transfer the shares. You may also call us at 022-61208000 for more information.

  6. M.Alam

    In reply to partha you have said existing broker. Who is existing broker ? From where shares are to be transferred or to broker where shares have to be transferred.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Alam,
      Existing broker refers to the broker where you have a demat account with. Let’s assume you have a demat account with ABC broker. And you want to transfer shares from ABC to XYZ broker. Here, you need to fill in the DIS issued by ABC, attach the client master copy of XYZ broker and submit both the documents to ABC broker. ABC broker then processes your share transfer request. Hope this example cleared your doubt.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Partha,
      Procedure of share transfer from NSDL to CDSL would remain same as from CDSL to NSDL. You need to fill in the DIS copy issued from your existing broker and attach the client master copy of demat in which you would like to transfer the shares. Submit hard copies to your existing broker. You may still confirm with your broker about the additional documents required.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Kesavan,
      Sorry, we are unable to understand your query. Kindly share your client code. We will arrange you call and resolve your query.

  7. Felix Pinto

    I have a Demat account jointly with my wife as a second holder almost seven years ago. Recently my wife has changed her surname. I have also opened a Demat account with other broker with my wife as a second holder with a new surname. I wish to transfer my entire holdings with new broker. Kindly guide me to proceed. Thanks.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Felix,
      You can transfer your holdings to new demat account provided your signature available with the existing broker should match. However, we would suggest you to check again with your respective broker.

  8. Srini

    I wanted to transfer my shares (delisted shares, company announced EXIT offer in offline mode) to the company to get the money back with exit offer. How to transfer my shares to the respective company through DIS (delivery instruction slip) ?. Will broker (where I am holding the demat account) charge for this offline transfer? Is it possible to transfer my shares directly to the company without broker? Can you please give me the whole process in Detail?

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Srini,
      As you said, exit offer is in offline mode, you are required to fill in DIS slips and submit to the broker with whom you have shares. Broker will then transfer shares from your demat account to respective company. For the exact procedure, you may have to contact your broker and know more about it.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hello Shameer,
      To claim shares from IEPF, you need to contact to IEPF authorities. However, we have searched IEPF refund google links for you. Check if this can be of your use.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hi Mihir,
      There is no stamp required. You may just have to write the details as mentioned in the above article.

    1. Trade Smart Online

      Hi Kundan,
      DIS cannot be downloaded. You need to email your request for DIS booklet at [email protected]. We will print the booklet and send it to your registered address. Please note if you have already taken the DIS booklet and requesting for the second booklet then you need to courier the written request for DIS along with pan card copy to our corporate office address.

      1. Trade Smart Online

        Hi Rahul,
        Delivery instruction slips are not downloadable. You must have received the DIS booklet while account opening. In case you lost it or slips got over, you need to courier us your written request to the following address for issuing the new DIS booklet, along with your self attested pan card copy. Once we receive your request, we will courier you the new booklet to your registered address.

        VNS Finance & Capital Services Ltd.
        401/402, A wing, Mangalya Bldg,
        Near SBI bank, Marol Maroshi Road
        Andheri East
        Mumbai – 400059

          1. Trade Smart Online

            Hello Praveen,
            You can open account with us using Indian saving bank account. Currently we do not accept NRI bank account. For more information you may reach us at 022-61208000 or use our online chat support available on our website.

        1. TradeSmart

          Hi Narendra,
          You can start trading in equities. You have already enabled NSE and BSE cash segments in our account. You may login to Sine app > Click on the stock available in the market watch > Click on B (Buy) or S (Sell) to place the order. You may also refer to the video on order placement. Alternatively, you may contact us at 022-61208000. Our team will help you to place the orders.

      1. Trade Smart Online

        Hello Sita,
        If the DIS is handed over in our office then our concerned team shall process your request if all the documents are proper.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *