Some important facts about BSE:
- 1In the year 2017, it acquired the status of India’s first listed stock exchange.
- 2BSE’s benchmark index is known as Sensex. The word “Sensex” is derived from two terms – sensitive and index
- 3BSE Trading takes places at the speed of 6 micro seconds, making it one of the country’s fastest stock exchanges.
- 4More than 5000 companies are listed on this bourse.
- 5The market capitalization of BSE was Rs. 137.13 trillion (March 2020).
The mechanism of trading BSE
- Investors (including traders) connect to BSE through a set of authorized brokers. The brokers help place the trades (buy or sell orders) on the stock exchange. The services are offered against a specific charge or brokerage fees. Trade Smart offers a wide range of trading solutions through fully-automated platforms. We also offer regular updates on various investment opportunities including BSE Options trading.
- The first pre-requisite for trading on this stock exchange is having a BSE Trading Account and demat account. You can open this account through any authorized broker or brokerage agency. Documents such as identity proof, address proof and a bank account are essential for opening this account.
- BSE Trading can be of two types – intraday or day trading and delivery trading.
- In intraday trading, you need to close or square-off the transaction (long as well as short) within the same day. In this type of trading, you are allowed to use margins. Margins refer to the funding given by the broking firm to enhance your exposure. This facility permits you to buy or sell higher number of stocks, which otherwise would need you to invest more funds.
- In delivery trading, you need to hold the stocks for more than a day and hence take their delivery. There is no margin concept in this type of trading.
- Transactions are processed within a T+2 settlement framework or two working days.
Why trade in BSE with TradeSmart?
1. Expertise : Our rich experience (spanning more than 20 years) coupled with a strong track record has given us a bird’s eye view of the market. This strategic positioning and expertise (both human capital and tech-driven) enables us to guide our customers effectively through the various trading processes. The end result is a win-win situation for everyone involved.
2. Superior tech platforms : We drive your success through automation and technology. Our trading platforms are powered by state-of-the-art technology and can be accessed through multiple mediums, even when you are on the go. Our superior, intuitive and futuristic algorithmic trading software not only makes the trading process faster but also simpler and more user-friendly. For instance, customers can get regular BSE Market updates or BSE Trading tips on the platforms which can help them make well-informed and timely trading decisions.
3. Flexible and cost-effective brokerage plan : TradeSmart offers most economical and above all flexible brokerage plans basis your BSE Trading volume. The plans are simple and completely transparent. You would not get scary surprises such as hidden costs, when dealing with TradeSmart.
4. No forced selling : At TradeSmart, we pride ourselves on our zero forced selling philosophy. Unlike many conventional brokerage platforms, TradeSmart dealers do not enter into any trades (on your behalf) without your consent. Moreover, they are not compensated or incentivized for brokerage generated through clients. Hence, the only focus area for all our team members is the customer’s success and prosperity.
FAQs on BSE trading
BSE Trading falls under the regulatory jurisdiction of SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India).
BSE remains operational from Monday to Friday. Its working hours are 9.15am to 3.30pm. The period between 9am to 9.15am is known as the pre-market session. The purpose of this session is to stabilize volatility due to any major announcement or event that took place the previous night.
BSE Sensex comprises of the top 30 stocks which are listed on BSE. These stocks are from well-established and financially robust companies. The index is calculated using the free-float market-cap methodology.
The BSE Trading platform is known as BOLT (BSE On-Line Trading). This platform allows traders from across the globe to place their trades with BSE. It is a fully- automated, screen-based platform and has a capacity to handle 8 million trade orders per day. BOLT is one of the few global trading platforms that can handle hybrid trading (order and quote driven)